I am game for most any kind of food around. And I’m not one to go by looks alone but there is one food I don’t think I can ever stomach: a local Yucatán favorite called “sandwichon”. I think the part that gets me is the mayo frosting and I’ve had a bit of an aversion to mayonnaise since I was a kid. The insides aren’t too bad but I think my butt would explode if I ate this.
Here’s a recipe. You tell me if you like it.
2 loaves of white bread with out the ends
1 lb of ham, to taste
1 lb Manchego cheese
1/2 of American cheese
1 can of evaporated milk
1 bell pepper (normally red)
1 can of peas
1 can of Jalapeño chillies
1. First liquefy the evaporated milk, American cheese and cream, making an orange-ish, yellow mix. Set aside.
2. On a tray, lay out the slices of bread, about 2 or 3 rows for the length of the tray and wet with milk.
3. Spread cream cheese on top of this layer and put a layer of ham on top of that.
4. Place another layer of bread and repeat step 3 but instead of ham, put a layer of Manchego cheese. Keep alternating layers with ham and cheese.
5. When you get to the final layer of bread, instead of spreading cream cheese, spread a nice layer of mayonnaise mixed with the heavy cream until you cover the sides, like a cake.
6. Adorn with the bell peppers, peas and Jalapeños.
7. Chill until ready to serve.